Coming Christmas 2016
Pamlico Writers Group
Carolina Christmas Anthology
Inspirational and Family Oriented prose and poetry. The anthology will include
a section devoted to PWG’s 2016 Adult and High School
first place writing competition winners.
On May 15, 2016 Pamlico Writers Group is pleased to announce we will be seeking entries from our members (Stories, Essays & Poems with a theme of Christmas in North Carolina).
Submissions will be open on May 15, 2016 and close at midnight on July 15, 2016. If you are a current member you may submit up to three (3) prose and/or three (3) poetry entries for selection by our anthology jurors. If you’re not a member, take a minute, go to our website (https://pamlicowritersgroup.wildapricot.org/event-2236437 ) and join us.
REQUIRED ITEMS FOR UPLOAD
- Have a biography file ready for upload.
- Have a head-and-shoulders photo ready for upload.
- Have up to three prose and/or poetry entry files ready for upload.
Your entries will be collected through Submittable.com. You will be required to create a free Submittable account (or use your existing Submittable account) for identification of your entry within their system.
- The author must be a current paid member of Pamlico Writers Group.
- Your entry must be your original, unpublished work.
- You must own all publication rights (i.e., the work must never have been published in a manner in which you gave away your rights). You generally do not give away rights when the work is published on the Internet (your website, etc.).
- All rights remain with the author. If your entry is selected, the author grants Pamlico Writers Group rights to publish your entry in the 2016 Christmas Anthology.
- Submissions must not be simultaneously submitted to other publications.
- Prose entries are limited to 4,000 words.
- Poetry entries are limited to 300 words.
- Prepare your manuscript electronically using your word processor choice of Adobe Acrabat (pdf), Word (doc or docx), Notepad (txt), Rich Text Format (rtf), Word Perfect (wpf and wpd), Word/Open Office/Libre (odt), formats.
- Entries should be appropriate PG-13 level or less to blend with the Christmas theme.
- Entries flaunting degrading sexual and physical violence or espousing extreme political views will not be considered.
- Submit prose/poems in 12 pt. font, Times New Roman, Double Spaced with 1” margins at top, bottom, right, and left.
- The Anthology Committee reserves the right to make minor grammatical and structural corrections. Changes will be sent to authors for approval before publication.
- Entrants must acknowledge acceptance of the Anthology Terms and Conditions (at time of uploading) before submissions will be accepted.
AUTHOR BIOGRAPHY GUIDELINES:
Prepare a short author bio—less than 100 words–for submission at the time of uploading your entry. Include your publications, website and Facebook address. Have a head-and-shoulders photo ready for upload. Both items will be used in the published anthology if your entry is chosen.
Put your thinking caps on and start writing.
By: Jim Keen